RCHS & Gibbs Farm Update – June 9, 2020:
- All History Revealed in-person events and other programs have been cancelled until further notice. However, watch for online programs coming soon!
- All public and private tours of the Ramsey County Courthouse/Saint Paul City Hall and the Union Depot have been cancelled until further notice.
- The RCHS Mary Livingston Griggs and Mary Griggs Burke Research Center will be available by appointment only. Appointments may be made for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for two hour time slots at 11, 1 and 3 p.m. Landmark Center is still closed to the public and all doors are locked, except for the loading dock on the west side of the building off Washington Street. You will have to use the loading dock entrance, sign a form that you are healthy, and you must wear a mask while in the building. Please do not park in the loading dock parking lot.
- You may also email research questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may not be able to address your question/request immediately. We appreciate your patience as we address the volume of requests received during the Stay-at-Home order.
- The RCHS Office in Landmark Center is closed to the public. Staff will continue to work remotely. Please continue to send in memberships and renewals, and feel free to contact us at the phone and email below.
- After much thought and deliberation, we are sad to announce that all 2020 Gibbs Farm summer camps will be cancelled.
- We are excited to announce that Gibbs Farm will be open by appointment only on Fridays and Saturdays starting July 10th. There are limited spots available. Register online or call the office at 651-646-8629. Office hours are M-F 9-4.
- Our current exhibition, “They Played for the Love of the Game” at Landmark Center in the RCHS Galleries is closed.
- Landmark Center will be closed to the public at 5:00 pm, Tuesday, March 17 until further notice. Please see Landmark Center’s website at https://www.landmarkcenter.org/ for updates about closures.
For Ongoing Information
As the situation will be changing on a regular basis, for ongoing program updates, cancellations and last-minute information, please see our website at www.rchs.com and our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RamseyCountyHistoricalSociety
Please feel free to contact the office staff or the Research Center with any questions at 651-222-0701 ext. 226 or email@example.com
Gibbs Farm COVID-19 Response
At Gibbs Farm we strive to create a safe, welcoming and fun educational experience for students and educators. Gibbs Farm and Ramsey County Historical Society are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. We will follow guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Education.
At Gibbs Farm and Ramsey County Historical Society, our primary concern is for the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and our staff. At this time, based on the guidelines issued by the Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC, we feel that this cannot be guaranteed in on-site camp programing. Therefore, after much thought and deliberation, Gibbs Farm and RCHS has decided to cancel all summer 2020 camps. We are disappointed that the on-site fun we were looking forward to must be postponed until next year, but we feel confident that this is how we can best contribute to the safety of our wonderful Gibbs community.
We will begin processing refunds the week of June 15, 2020. You should receive your refund by the first week in July. Please note that if you registered prior to February 1, you will receive your refund as a check. There are also the following alternate options to a refund (please disregard if you have already received a refund or donated):
- Receive a camp credit for 2021
- Donate your camp registration fee and have the option to pick up a “Gibbs Farm Camp in a Box” activity bundle* (only available for 3-day camps)
If you would like to receive a refund, receive a camp credit, or donate the cost of your camp registration, please respond to this email at the latest by Friday, June 20, 2020. We encourage responses as soon as possible.
We WILL be offering families the opportunity to visit Gibbs Farm by appointment this summer. The site is large enough to allow social distancing while having a great time with the people to which you already come in closest contact. We will be in touch about this program later next week. You can also keep in touch with us via our Facebook and Instagram (GibbsFarmMN)!
While we expect to run Fall field trips as scheduled, with additional safety precautions, we are also creating expanded virtual options to meet the needs of schools and educators.
A comprehensive list of site procedures will be available online before we reopen on June, 30th.
As always we strive to create a safe, welcoming and fun educational experience for students and educators. Gibbs Farm and Ramsey County Historical Society are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. We will follow guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Education.
For questions, please Contact Us.
Gibbs Farm: 651-646-8629 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramsey County Historical Society: 651-222-0701 or email@example.com
Minnesota Department of Education:
Minnesota Department of Health:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: