Gibbs Farm staff will be working and we are taking reservations for summer Day Camps. See below for information about spring field trips. Field trips are being postponed until after April 27. The site is currently closed to the public.
At Gibbs Farm we strive to create a safe, welcoming and fun educational experience for students and educators. Gibbs Farm and Ramsey County Historical Society are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely. We will follow guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Education.
During regular operations, we typically have a maximum of 350 people on our 8-acre site at a time. Site facilities are thoroughly cleaned daily.
To protect our students, educators and staff and prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We are increasing the number of handwashing stations and will provide more access to hand sanitizer.
- Students, educators and chaperones will be required to wash or sanitize their hands when arriving on site, and before lunch.
- Bathrooms, railings, frequently touched surfaces and educational objects will be sanitized daily using approved cleaning products.
- All staff have paid sick leave available and will be required to stay home if they are ill.
As we learn more, we are prepared to adjust our tours by:
- Adjusting the way that school groups move through the site to minimize the amount of contact between schools.
- Rearranging spaces (especially lunch spaces) to reduce the number of students in close proximity.
As always, our staff is ready to answer any questions about field trip logistics and is prepared to work with educators to ensure a safe tour. Please stay in touch with our staff regarding policy changes in your school or district that might affect your field trip guidelines. Thank you for all the work you do every day to keep our students and community safe! We look forward to seeing you.
For questions, please Contact Us.
Gibbs Farm: 651-646-8629 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramsey County Historical Society: 651-222-0701 or email@example.com
Minnesota Department of Education:
Minnesota Department of Health:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: