Saint Paul City Hall/Ramsey County Courthouse Guided Tours
Take a tour of the Ramsey County Courthouse and Saint Paul City Hall.
We will tour the architecturally significant spaces and features within Saint Paul City Hall/Ramsey County Courthouse.
Public Tours (no reservations needed) are available most Mondays at 12:15 pm and last about an hour.
All tours meet at the base of the Vision of Peace statue on the ground floor.
No appointments necessary. All visitors entering the City Hall/Courthouse must pass through security screening.
Upcoming Public Tours:
- Thursday 5/2 at 11:00am – Special Law Day Public Tour of the Courthouse/City Hall
- Monday 5 /6 at 12:15pm
- Monday 5/13 at 12:15pm
- Monday 5/20 at 12:15pm
- Tuesday 5/28 at 12:15pm
- Monday 6/3 at 12:15pm
- Monday 6/10 at 12:15pm
- Monday 6/17 at 12:15pm
- Monday 6/24 at 12:15pm
- Monday 7/1 at 12:15pm
- Monday 7/8 at 12:15pm
- Monday 7/15 at 12:15pm
The Saint Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse is a 21-story Art Deco skyscraper which opened to the public in 1932. The building serves as the main location for Minnesota’s Second Judicial Court and City Hall, and also contains the The Vision of Peace, the world’s largest carved onyx statue. The building has 23 kinds of woods from 18 countries and various marbles throughout.
Tours include the Vision of Peace Statue, Memorial Hall, Council Chambers, Mayor’s Office, Law Library, Historic Courtroom, period furniture, Art Deco architectural features, and more.
Please note that this is a working building; not all rooms are available to tour at all times.
Tour the historic and recently renovated Union Depot in Lowertown, Saint Paul
Union Depot Guided Tours
Take a tour of the Saint Paul Union Depot!
Public Group Tours
Take a tour to learn about the history, recent renovation, sustainability initiatives, expanding transit options and much more. Few sites within the Twin Cities offer such a clear view of the past, present and future of our community.
- Public tours are available every other Tuesday at 11:00 am.
- Tours start promptly at their scheduled time
- Tours depart under the East clock, by the train engine cart, located in the Head House.
- Tours take approximately 60 minutes.
- You will be on your feet for the entire 60 minute tour.
- Tour is the equivalent of walking approximately 4 blocks.
- Union Depot does not provide wheelchairs. Please bring your own, if needed.
- Union Depot has multiple parking and transit options!
Private Group Tours
Private group tours must meet the following requirements:
- The Private Group Tour rate is $90
- We can accommodate groups of up to 25 people.
- All payments must be made in advance of the scheduled tour
- Private group tour requests must be made a minimum of 30 days in advance
- Tours are scheduled based on availability
- Group tours are not currently available evenings and weekends
To request an application for a private group tour, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message for Kassie Bradshaw Kmitch at 651-222-4786.