Saint Paul City Hall/Ramsey County Courthouse Guided Tours
Take a tour of the Ramsey County Courthouse and Saint Paul City Hall.
We will tour the architecturally significant spaces and features within Saint Paul City Hall/Ramsey County Courthouse.
Public Tours (no reservations needed) are available most Mondays at 12:15 pm and last about 60-90 minutes.
All tours meet at the base of the Vision of Peace statue on the ground floor.
No appointments necessary.
Please note: All visitors entering the City Hall/Courthouse must pass through security screening.
Upcoming Public Tours:
- Monday, December 30
Please note: There will not be tours on Monday, December 23.
Upcoming 2020 Courthouse Public Tours
- Monday, January 6 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, January 13 – 12:15 pm
- No public tour on Monday, January 20
- Tuesday, January 21 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, January 27 – 12:15 pm
- Monday, February 3 – 12:15 PM
- Monday, February 10 – 12:15 PM
- No public tour on Monday, February 17
- Tuesday, February 18 – 12:15 PM
- Monday, February 24 – 12:15 PM
- Monday, March 2 – 12:15 PM
- Monday, March 9 – 12:15 PM
- Monday, March 23 – 12:15 PM
- Monday, March 30 – 12:15 pm
The Saint Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse is a 21-story Art Deco skyscraper which opened to the public in 1932. The building serves as the main location for Minnesota’s Second Judicial Court and City Hall, and also contains the The Vision of Peace, the world’s largest carved onyx statue. The building has 23 kinds of woods from 18 countries and various marbles throughout.
Tours include the Vision of Peace Statue, Memorial Hall, Council Chambers, Mayor’s Office, Law Library, Historic Courtroom, period furniture, Art Deco architectural features, and more.
Please note that this is a working building; not all rooms are available to tour at all times.
Private Tours of the Ramsey County Courthouse/Saint Paul City Hall
Private Courthouse/City Hall Tour Costs
For-Profit Organizations & Companies, Private Groups
$50 per tour group
20 people maximum per group
Non-Profit 501(3)c Organizations
$25 per tour group
20 people maximum per group
School Field Trips
Please contact the RCHS office for information on school tours.
Tour the historic and recently renovated Union Depot in Lowertown, Saint Paul
Union Depot Guided Tours
Public Group Tours
Take a tour to learn about the history, recent renovation, sustainability initiatives, expanding transit options and much more. Few sites within the Twin Cities offer such a clear view of the past, present and future of our community.
- Public tours are available every other Tuesday at 11:00 am.
- Tours start promptly at their scheduled time
- Tours depart under the East clock, by the train engine cart, located in the Head House.
- Tours take approximately 60 minutes.
- Public tours are free of charge, and no reservations needed.
Upcoming 2020 Union Depot public tours:
- Tuesday, January 7, 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, January 21, 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, February 4, 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, February 18, 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, March 3, 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, March 17, 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, March 31, 11:00 AM
Please note: No tour on December 24 or December 31, 2019.
- You will be on your feet for the entire 60 minute tour.
- Tour is the equivalent of walking approximately 4 blocks.
- Union Depot does not provide wheelchairs. Please bring your own, if needed.
- Union Depot has multiple parking and transit options!
Private Group Tours
Private group tours must meet the following requirements:
- The Private Group Tour rate is $90
- We can accommodate groups of up to 25 people.
- All payments must be made in advance of the scheduled tour
- Private group tour requests must be made a minimum of 30 days in advance
- Tours are scheduled based on availability
- Group tours are not currently available evenings and weekends
To request information on scheduling a private group tour, please contact email@example.com or leave a message at the RCHS office at 651-222-0701. An RCHS staff person will get back to you with details.